Temple Gates Games LLC
Based in San Mateo, CA
September 1, 2013
Press / Business Contact:
1515 S. El Camino Real Ste 250
San Mateo, CA 94402
Temple Gates Games creates award-winning VR experiences for all major headsets on the market. Our team is focused on delivering seamless UX with impeccable performance, a task that is particularly challenging in this emerging field. Working with our custom engine has given us the performance advantage to create flexible solutions for the challenges of delivering games both on mobile and high end PC and console VR systems.
Temple Gates Games released its debut VR title, Bazaar, in 2015 to critical acclaim. This flying carpet game was a featured launch title on Oculus Gear VR and has been celebrated for its innovations in user experience. Our new challenge is bringing social and multiplayer experiences to VR.Background
The Temple Gates team is composed of five gaming tech industry vets. Having worked at heavy hitting companies including Blizzard, Valve, Maxis, and Zynga, we’ve taken the quality standards from big business and brought them into our small team here in San Mateo, CA. In the epicenter of VR RnD, we’re keeping up with local HMD manufacturers to deliver the top content for VR devices. Our team of rockstars includes Tod Semple, co-creator of Plants Vs. Zombies, who brings quirky character and style with wide appeal. Jeff Gates, programmer on Diablo 3 and Spore, brings creativity to optimization, a tricky problem for VR especially on mobile devices. Patrick Benjamin, who tackled animation of Spore characters without knowing what they would look like, brings innovation from the 3D perspective. B Rosaschi is a pixel master and polish wizard with impeccable style chops, who joined us from Zynga. Theresa Duringer is a UX nut, tackling the difficult problems of intuition in an unstandardized field. Her debut indie game was Cannon Brawl after working at Maxis on Spore, the Sims, and other titles. Together we’re leading the field in innovative VR content.
There are currently no trailers available for Temple Gates Games LLC. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
There are far more images available for Temple Gates Games LLC, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Intel Developer Showcase 2015" - 1st Place Winner
- "Oculus VR Jam 2015" - Silver Winner
- "International Mobile Gaming Awards" - Best VR Game 2016 Jury Nomination
- "SXSW Gaming Awards" - Gamers Voice Staff Nomination 2016
- "Top 5 Games And Apps For Samsung Gear VR"
- technewstoday, http://www.technewstoday.com/27408-top-5-games-and-apps-for-samsung-gear-vr/
- "Top 10 Samsung Gear VR Games and Experiences"
- All things VR, http://www.allthingsvr.co/
- "Top 10 Best Gear VR Games"
- tom’s guide, http://www.tomsguide.com/us/best-gear-vr-games,review-3265.html
- "As far as stylized games go, Bazaar is among the best looking we have played in VR."
- Will Mason, UploadVR, http://uploadvr.com/rothenberg-river-fall-2015/
- "There are gems like Temple Gates Games’ Bazaar, a simple magic carpet ride simulator that sees you coasting along a colorful world, exploring and picking up trinkets."
- CNET, http://www.cnet.com/au/products/samsung-gear-vr-2015/2/
- "Bazaar is considered a resounding success by the virtual reality (VR) enthusiast community."
- VR Focus, http://vrfocus.com/archives/26915/temple-gates-games-talks-bazaar-multiplayer-vr-and-publishing-in-the-new-medium/
- "Bazaar on the GearVR is unique in just about every way."
- VRGiant, http://vrgiant.com/mobile-vr-reviews/bazaar-review-final-score/
- "John Carmack's Public VR critique #5: Bazaar"
- John Carmack, Facebook
- "Former Valve San Francisco devs form Temple Gates Games."
- Dave Tach, Polygon
Temple Gates Games
Company website http://TempleGatesGames.com/.
Temple Gates Logo
PSD file templegatesgames.com.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Animator / 3D Modeler
Designer / Programmer
Designer / Programmer